Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Worst Thing I Have Ever Seen

I have a nagging suspicion that I shouldn't be sharing this with you. Surely, some of you may already be familiar with it. Rarely have I been shocked by something I've seen on the internet. Enough with the disclaimer...
I'm just gonna post the site and move on. If you see it, you see it. Be warned it's disgusting and graphic and you might wanna think twice about watching it. My vagueness is probably enticing you even more. Maybe you won't be shocked at all by it. Regardless I was and here it is: www.2guys1horse.com

P.S. I heard about it in a documentary I saw called "ZOO", when someone, who will remain nameless, put it in their netflix queue ok. That's innocent enough. It's not like I seek out this stuff. Sheesh!

With that out of the way, we've been laying low for the most part. We're home for another few weeks and then back out on the road for a good long stretch. Tourdates are going up on our myspace as we confirm them, so check early and check often, cyber ones.
As for me, I've been reading and watching alot of movies. Some things I recommend:
Books:
The Dark Side of Genius: The life of Alfred Hithcock (I'm a huge Hitchcock fan and this really illuminated alot of things about him, though I question how the author could possibly have known his deepest, darkest secrets just by watching his films.)
I also recently read the wonderful Hitchcock/Truffaut book. Both are definitely for those with more than a passing interest in his movies. Other books -
Agatha Christie anthology, David Mamet "Bambi vs. Godzilla",
Martin Amis - Koba the Dread: Laughter and the Twenty Million (about Stalin and the 20 + million people he had killed)

Movies: I managed to find all 3 Harry Palmer Films from the 60's on DVD - "The Ipcress File", "Funeral in Berlin" and "Billion-Dollar Brain". They're great 60's cold war spy thrillers with Michael Caine as a sort-of anti-James Bond. Highly recommended. "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" by Jaques Demy - This is one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. All of the dialogue is sung. Don't let this put you off, though. It's wonderful and young Catherine Deneuve might be the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

Music: The Delta Spirit "Ode to Sunshine" - great album. Tom Petty - "She's the One" soundtrack (really just the song "Walls" though) and Vivaldi (I forget which pieces. I'd have to upstairs and root through my stuff and that's just not happening right now)

Finally, I'm researching about the nuclear blackmarket for a screenplay I'm working on. Just in the beginning stages, but I'm pretty excited about it. Everybody needs a hobby, I guess.

Take care,
Mark

2 comments:

uneditedmara said...

Umbrellas was brilliantly sad and Catherine Deneuve has cranked out some amazing movies even after that. ;)

uneditedmara said...

Check out her Peau d'âne. It's funny!