Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nic Snyder's top 3 modern slow jamz

This is not a joke. These 3 songs are about a year or two old. But I haven't heard much since then that's anywhere near as good. Especially since everyone who sings R&B these days rips off T-Pain and drenches their vocals in auto-tune/vocoders.

1. "You Don't Know My Name" by Alicia Keys - "Woo Hoo, Woo Woo Hoo." This song is just hard as fuck. I forgot about it till I saw it on On-Demand a few days ago. Girl Talk needs to sample those back-up vocals. I'm not really all that familiar with Girl Talk, though. So maybe he already has. But if not, I suggest that he does. The video is recommendable as well.

2. "Until The End Of Time" by Justin Timberlake and Beyonce - I first heard this song on the radio (WAMO) and instantly liked it. I only caught the last minute of the song, but the end of the song is all Beyonce and she pretty much makes the song. It's got it all as far as modern R&B goes. The strings at the end of the bridge sound like they sampled them from "Loveless". It even has some social commentary at the beginning. This ones for the lovers though.

3. "Me and You" by Cassie - Maybe the video to this song is what originally drew me to it. But it stands up on its own. It's very simple but has the sweetest harmonies and strange 80's synth hooks. And another good bridge as well.

I'll put another NixPIx thing up in the next few days.

Nic

No comments: